Camping in Shirota Lake is a unique experience combining adventure and convenience of being closer to Mumbai and Pune. The lake brims with water throughout the year and is a quiet secluded place with forest cover.
The campsite is located 11 km from Lonavala. Shirota Lake comes into its own during the post-monsoon with an abundance of lush foliage. The best time to camp is in the winters, which extend from November to March, with night-time temperatures ranging from 12-15 degrees. That's all the more reason to cosy up to our campfires. After the extended winter, summer lasts for just two months between April and May. Even then, the weather is a pleasant 18-20 degrees during the day, and the evenings are surprisingly chilly.
Letscampout provides premium weather-proof tents outfitted with comfortable foam mats that guarantee sound sleep and complete protection from moisture, insects, and other unsavoury bits of nature. Answering the call of nature, well, in nature doesn't have to be embarrassing an inconvenient. We have dry toilets tents equipped with western commodes offering you privacy and hygienic sanitation.
Foodies are in for a treat with our elaborate dinner and breakfast menu incorporating the traditional style of cooking in veg. The evenings are spent around the warmth of our campsite barbecue offering delicacies cooked right in front of your eyes at additional cost.
Our night treks are safe and the best way to metabolise our scrumptious feast. Not in the mood for physical exertion? There's nothing like a round of beers (see FAQ) between a game of darts between friends. Classic board games such as chess, snakes and ladders, Monopoly, and Scrabble provide entertainment for kids and adults alike. If all you want to do is listen to the birds chirp, our campsite is dotted with hammocks for relaxing to the greatest soundtrack ever — that of nature.
- Please note Sedans cannot reach this location you need to hire a Sumo locally from Parking at additional cost. Contact your site in charge one day prior to your trip for arranging Sumo at extra cost.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in waterproof Coleman tent on double occupancy
- High-Quality Camping Arrangements
- Dinner (Veg and Non-Veg)
- Campfire at Night.
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Breakfast on day 2.
- Fishing in the lake.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Transport from and back
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the "Inclusions" column